Five For Friday: August 24, 2012
1. After my post on Monday about motivating myself and being organized, this week has been GREAT! I have no idea where the extra energy and focus came from, but I am finally feeling like myself again. Here are the workouts I did this week.
Monday: Stationary bike-40 min., weight training- 30 minutes
Tuesday: Bob Harper’s Ultimate Cardio Body - 60 minutes
Wednesday: Treadmill run: 3 miles (no knee pain at all!!) yoga- 60 minutes
Thursday: Bob Harper’s Body Rev Cardio Conditioning (my hamstrings are still crying)
Friday: Ran 4.5 miles (again no knee pain!)
I credit my knee feeling so great to all of the strength training I have been doing. Squats are doing so many great things for my whole body overall. When you add weights to them, you feel like you can do anything. How were your workouts this week?
2. I started and finished reading Catching Fire this week. My goodness, the Hunger Games series is so good! Now I need to go and get the final book since she just left me hanging with that last sentence.
3. Today we get to meet Chloe’s teacher! It’s always so exciting to begin a new school year. I also love that she is so excited and has been wanting to go back for weeks now.
4. I found a “new-to-me” product at Costco. Joint Juice is a “sparkling juice drink with a full day’s supply of nutrients for healthy joints”. It contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin and is for healthy, flexible joints. Have you seen or tried it before? I think it’s worth a try. They have many testimonials on their website from runners and athletes raving how great their joints and body feels. It tastes pretty good too.
5. You still have time to enter my Infuse Your Mood Giveaway. This weekend I’m going to be making sure everything is ready for back to school on Monday. Do you have anything planned?