Five for Friday: August 3, 2012
1. First off, I almost typed July in the title. I still can’t believe it’s August. Fall is just around the corner and I can’t wait! Even though I eat pumpkin and cinnamon all year long I can’t wait to do it like I’m normal. ha ha!
2. This time tomorrow, I will either be flying to California or already there!! Depending on what time you read this. I’m so excited. I’m still not done packing but that’s okay. I’m getting it done. We are going to be traveling through San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. We don’t have a definite plan but there are a few places that we want to stop at for sure. I already have some posts ready so Fairy Healthy Life wont be deserted. I will try to check in a few times to chat with you.
3. Some very exciting news!! I am now the official “Skinny Mom Health & Fitness State Representative” for Texas on skinnymom.com! I will be contributing posts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My nickname on the site is “Motivating Mom”. It’s a great community site with moms who share family life, recipes, fashion and healthy living.
4. Right now my hamstrings are shot. It so hard to even walk. I did a Bob Harper workout DVD. I always think, “oh this is going to be simple. I’ve done it many times”. But I always get a great workout. I have to admit, I did push myself hard. Since I’ve been taking a break from running, these workouts are perfect for strengthening my lower body. My knee is already feeling so much better. I know when we get back from vacation, I will be ready to resume my running schedule.
5. Yesterday at the gym I saw a girl with an avocado tattoo on her ankle. Yes, you read that right. It was only half and it had the seed. I thought is was pretty cool. I’ve never seen anything like that.