Five For Friday: July 27
1. I am so discouraged, frustrated and upset right now. I set out to run 6 miles this morning. I only got up to 3 before I started getting an odd pain in my knee. This has happened before. Only it was when I first started running. And it was my left knee. It could be possible that I am doing too much running. I could have probably finished those 6 miles. But I know it was the right decision to stop before things became worse. It’s a good think a week from tomorrow we will be enjoying a wonderful vacation in California! I really can’t wait. I think the break will do me good, both physically and emotionally.
2. I am so excited for the Olympic Games!! I love watching everything, but my absolute favorite to watch is Gymnastics. As a child, Gymnastics was my life. I couldn’t be tumbling around enough. I have even done cartwheels across the Hollywood stars.
My mom asked if I was going to do it again. I just might.
I remember watching Kerri Strug in the 1996 Olympics and I was crying the entire night. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I wish the USA team lots of luck.
3. I made another jar of almond butter. This time I used pecans, toasted unsweetened coconut, vegan chocolate chips, and of course almonds.
I really liked this combination. The chocolate was just enough. I only added 1 tablespoon after toasting the nut mixture.
4. Today is hubby’s birthday. We will probably celebrate tomorrow with a dinner out with his side of the family. He’ll hate it. So, I’m not telling him. It is also the birthday of a sweet friend and reader. Happy Birthday Colleen!! I hope you have a great weekend!
5. I have so much packing to do. It’s been so long since I flew anywhere. I’m going to make a list of things to pack and things I need to buy. Hopefully, I won’t forget anything. I’m also going to start early in the week so that I don’t feel rushed at the last-minute. I hate that feeling. Do you have any tips on packing for a family vacation?