Five For Friday: October 19, 2012
1. Sunday is race day for me!! I know it’s not a big race or anything but I just love participating in local races. It’s fun for me to see how hard I can push myself and maybe be faster than the last time around. Motivation keeps me going. It is on a side of town where I’ve never been but that will be fun too. I can’t wait!
Is anyone else racing this weekend?!
2. About 3 weeks ago, I mentioned that I needed to stay away from the almond butter. More precisely, my own homemade almond butter. It is just too good! So anyway, I stopped making it and buying it. I’m only eating raw, unsalted almonds. Those can be addicting too, if you let them. I’ve been controlling my portions and without really doing anything else, I lost 4 pounds. No, I didn’t need to lose any weight but my jeans were feeling a little too snug early in the summer and now I find it easier to run too.
So, if you find that you are having a hard time losing those last few pounds it could be something as caloric as peanut or almond butter that is holding you back.You can still enjoy it. Just make sure to measure your servings.
3. I’m so glad you all liked my Vegetarian Tortilla Soup recipe in yesterday’s post. It’s actually an old recipe from last year that I had on the old blog. But since everything didn’t transfer correctly, I thought I would share it with you guys again. It reminds me that I need to make it again soon! It’s one of my favorites.
4. I think the joint juice I bought to help with my knee pain a while back is actually helping me heal. I haven’t finished the case because I usually forget to take it at least twice a week. I think I’ll write a full review later for those that might be interested in trying it.
5. Happy Birthday to my youngest sis Alex! Today she turns 20! She is wise beyond her years and the girls and I miss her so much when she is away at college.
I love you so much Lexi!