Five For Friday: September 28, 2012
1. Happy Friday! This week just flew by, thank goodness for that. It has been a really great week. I am learning to listen to my body a lot more. When it needs a break, I’m going for it. I might have taken an extra rest day this week, but I’m not going to let myself feel guilty for it. You shouldn’t either.
2. Since Chloe went back to school, I’m realizing that this is my last year with Amani before she starts Kindergarten. She probably thinks I’m weird, but I’m staring, laughing and playing with her a little more trying to make each moment last forever. I’m going to miss the way she says certain words and the funniest remarks she has for everything. Once they start school it seems like the years go flying by. We can always still do yoga after school though.
3. I am thinking of backing out of the half marathon next month. After participating in the fitfluental and Mizuno twitter chat on Monday, I learned a lot. I realized I need new running shoes that are meant for long runs. The Nike frees I run in are god for running, but mostly for shorter distances. I have no idea. I have some other running shoes that I am going to try out. If they help and don’t cause me any pain, then I might go through with it.
4. My contribution this week on skinny mom is My top 5 post-workout meals. If you’re not really sure what you should be eating after a high intensity workout, check it out!
5. My house smelled like a Bath & Body Works candle last night! Specifically Pumpkin Spice. I made the granola I usually make, but this time added the pumpkin butter I made last week and it came out so great! I didn’t think I could love it anymore than I already had. Since the original recipe was erased when I moved my blog, here is the recipe with a new pumpkin twist! I hope you like it! Enjoy your weekend friends!