Five For Friday: September 7, 2012
1. I caught my husband’s cold on Monday. It has been a very long, and frustrating week for me. It is so hard to be sick and a mom/wife at the same time. I wish I could just lay in bed all day and have my mommy make me soup. But of course that didn’t happen. I still had to do laundry, clean, cook and try to take care of myself. I did what I could. I made sure my eats were clean and nutritious to help me heal faster. I’ll come back stronger next week, I promise.
2. I did yoga twice this week and I think that helped. I tried to run, but that wasn’t happening. Too many body aches. I’m okay with that. It’s taken a while, but I’m learning how to listen to my body. I used to be unsure if I should rest or stop being weak and push through. I have found a middle and using some common-sense.
3. I found this honey from New Mexico with Hatch red chile in it. It was surprisingly so good and just spicy enough. I used it to make some granola. It complimented it just right. You can’t really taste the spice but it does have a little bit of bite to it. It is also great with pancakes.
4. I am really looking forward to running in the beautiful Autumn weather. It doesn’t get really cool around here until the first few weeks of November. I sort of like that. It means I don’t really have to bundle up on my runs until December!
5. I shared my review of KLUTCHclub’s August box yesterday. The company liked my review, so they chose to add me as an ambassador. Click on the Klutch icon to the right if you want to find out more about the program.