Whew! Finally Friday! It was a long, rough week. Maybe we just need to get used to back to school, but it sure seemed like Friday would never come.
What better to way to celebrate the end of the week than an awesome granola recipe! Made with almond butter, dates, oats, cinnamon, walnuts, almonds… and did I mention ALMOND BUTTER!! I’m in love with it even though it’s not the healthiest thing out there.
Almond butter granola recipe:
makes twelve 1/2 cup servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sucanat (or brown sugar if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried, chopped, dates
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. water
- dash of cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F. mix oats, nuts, dried fruit, and seeds in large bowl.
- In small saucepan, warm on low heat, almond butter, water, sucanat, honey, and almond extract, and cinnamon until sugar has melted.
- Combine wet mixture into bowl of dry ingredients.
- Spread mix into greased rectangular pan. press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes. it might look a little runny after those 20 minutes, but it will harden very quickly. If you cook it longer, it will BURN!
- Allow to completely cool. I know very tempting to break off a piece. After cooled, break into pieces and store covered. (so you wont eat the whole batch.)
- calories: 160
- total fat: 5.9 g
- sodium:4.8 mg
- potassium: 34.1 mg
- total carbs: 23.4 g
- fiber:3.2 g
- sugar: 11.2 g
I definitely think its worth making your own granola. If you ever look at the packaged granola it’s filled with tons of fat and sugar for no reason at all!
At the gym, I ran for 4 miles on the treadmill. That last mile was a killer. But then I reminded myself if others can run 20+ miles, I can do 4! I lifted weights for half an hour also.
When I got back from the gym, my mailman was ringing my door bell like crazy.
On Tuesday I won a package of assorted Wasa
crackers flatbread from ep veg snob blog. It’s the first time of won anything from a blog! So cool! But I didn’t think it would arrive this soon. Thanks Lisa!
Great nutrition facts and basic ingredients!
My workouts this weekend will be forced upon me! Oh no!
Just kidding. Better than having to force myself.
I have soccer practice Saturday night, then the game on Sunday! I’m so excited. I love playing soccer!
Now I’m off to buy a few supplies for Chloe’s sleepover with her best friend. They are not in the same class this year, so they really missed each other. How adorable! Best friends are important.
I made some changes to my blog! I’m still learning here. So if you have the chance, please let me know what you think. Thanks
I hope you enjoy your weekend. Do you have any special plans this weekend?